As Endy’s Public Relations Specialist, you will play an integral role in the planning, execution, and reporting of Endy’s public relations campaigns. From pitching stories and tracking hits, to diving into the data of marketing campaigns to pull out insights - your role will live on the cutting edge of integrated communications. Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Strategic Communications, and working closely with the Influencer Marketing Specialist, you will work strategically as part of a dynamic team to drive awareness about Endy and fuel its growth.
Public Relations Specialist
What you'll do
- Keep track of brand mentions and generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports of coverage and quality scores
- Manage all inbound and outbound media requests, including interview and sample requests
- Oversee and maintain Endy’s PR calendar and media database
- Lead research efforts to identify relevant media and tastemakers
- Draft pitches, FAQs, press releases, and other PR/marketing copy
- Consistently seek out new opportunities for coverage
- Brief spokespeople prior to interviews on key messages
- Plan PR and experiential events, as well as product & campaign launches
- Manage day-to-day communications with external agencies and budgets
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including creative, digital marketing, operations, customer service, and brand partnership teams
- Explore data to seek out trends in coverage
- Build and establish relationships with Canadian media
- Ideate creative ways to keep brand top-of-mind for media
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are
- 2-4 years of experience in a PR, editorial, or communications role (Agency or editorial experience preferred)
- Entrepreneurial hustler with drive to own projects from end-to-end
- Solid knowledge of the retail industry or direct-to-consumer brands and positioning
- Highly independent with a self-starter attitude and a team player
- Organized, able to multitask under tight deadlines, and detail-obsessed
- Passionate about working for a growing Canadian brand
- Understanding of Canadian media and social media landscape
- Creative storyteller with experience crafting pitches, press releases, fact sheets, and FAQs
- Passion for people and relationship building
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
Our ideal candidate
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A hard-worker with proven organizational and time management skills
- A creative problem-solver with a strong attention to detail
- A powerful communicator who is able to use oral & written skills to make an impact
- A success-driven mindset with a constant willingness to learn and improve
- A collaborative individual who thrives in an independent or team environment
- Someone who LOVES sleep!
To be considered for this position, please submit your application no later than March 13, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in Endy; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Endy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring a fair and equitable recruitment and selection process, and cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. Accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act are available upon request at all stages of the employment process.
Follow us on Instagram @LifeAtEndy to stay up to date on Endy career opportunities!
Joining the Team: PR & Communications
PR & Communications
Our Communications team is responsible for conveying the Endy brand message through public relations, organic social media, blog & content, and influencer marketing.
Join our team if you are:
You have the ability to keep up with change and roll with the punches.
You are success-driven and enjoy planning out the necessary steps to get there.
You have great interpersonal skills and people feel like they can easily approach you.
A Natural-Born Leader
You take initiative in your own work and like to take charge and show ownership.
A Strong Communicator
You are a highly-skilled communicator with the ability to convey messages clearly and concisely.
You are focused and determined, regardless of any setbacks.
Parental Leave Program
Endy Products & Discounts
Flexible Vacation Policy
Health & Lifestyle Benefits
Monthly Team Events
Discover 01Chat with our People & Culture team about current opportunities at Endy and apply through our Careers website.
Talk 02Take part in a phone screening with the Coordinator, People & Culture and Hiring Manager
Showcase 03Complete a short assignment to showcase your skills (if applicable).
Meet 04Come into our office to meet with the Director, People & Culture and Hiring Manager, along with a few more members of our team.
Offer 05Receive a job offer to join the Endy Dream Team!