As Director, PR & Strategic Communications you will be responsible for developing, executing and evolving Endy's external communications vision, driving compelling business, brand, and thought leadership narratives across the business, lifestyle, trade, and consumer verticals. The ideal candidate will possess strong writing chops, an inquisitive mind, and an innate interest in uncovering and telling great stories, and bringing them to life. Connected, curious, and forward-looking, you will anticipate news trends, collaborate across teams to unearth PR stories, craft pitches that resonate, and secure steady coverage and thought leadership for Endy, bolstering its reputation as the country’s leading online mattress brand.
Director, PR & Strategic Communications
What you'll do
- Evolve the strategy and lead/build the team (external agency) to execute on the company's external PR vision
- Stay plugged into relevant trends and breaking news in the business, product, lifestyle, and e-commerce verticals, with the ability to move quickly to capitalize on PR opportunities
- Evolve an inspiring, visionary strategy and point of view for the Endy narrative externally
- Identify potential story angles and opportunities for positive and impactful pieces of third-party affirmation
- Work closely with the Growth Team to create a story-driven PR/Communications program that complements our business strategy, corporate vision and marketing, brand and product roadmaps
- Ensure regular and constant cadence of press releases to increase awareness among media, influencers and the general public with a focus on promoting the product roadmap, identifying newsworthy events, developing thought leadership and cultivating Endy's spokespeople through media training and key message development
- Identify and execute on opportunities that build brand and product awareness through key industry influencers
- Proactively manage relationships with key national, international and trade media partners
- Create and implement appropriate strategies, processes and safeguards to respond to media queries
- Create and execute Endy's corporate issues and crisis management program
- Identify, cultivate, train and prepare Endy’s Leadership so they are equipped to drive positive sentiment and brand awareness in the media, industry events (e.g. speaking opportunities) and social media
- Provide direction and external communications strategy for the brand’s CSR programs
- Ensure communications amplify and actively assist at all times with Endy's strategic communications and brand storytelling goals
- In association with Endy's People & Culture team, promote the company through employer branding and DEI initiatives among key audiences
- Improve and leverage product reviews and rankings by monitoring competitive news/developments and industry-related topics, crafting responses and/or strategic messaging
Who you are
- 5+ years of communications and/or media relations experience including in-depth change management skills and experience effectively driving linkages between internal and external communications and brand
- Excellent track record working across senior leadership teams to build and fully execute a communications strategy
- Experience pitching products, lifestyle, or tech brands and stories
- Strong relationships with Canadian media
- Proactive, highly motivated, and effective under pressure
- Experience implementing innovative communications strategies with a focus on results
- Outstanding written, verbal, interview and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to influence people and facilitate cooperation of internal and external partners
- Experience using PR to help establish the story and building third-party affirmation
- Bilingualism (EN/FR) an asset
Our ideal candidate
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A hard-worker with proven organizational and time management skills
- A creative problem-solver with a strong attention to detail
- A powerful communicator who is able to use oral & written skills to make an impact
- A success-driven mindset with a constant willingness to learn and improve
- A collaborative individual who thrives in an independent or team environment
- Someone who LOVES sleep!
Joining the Team: Brand Strategy & Communications
Brand Strategy & Communications
Our Brand Strategy & Communications team is responsible for conveying the Endy brand message through public relations, organic social media, blog & content, and influencer marketing.
Join our team if you are:
You have the ability to keep up with change and roll with the punches.
You are success-driven and enjoy planning out the necessary steps to get there.
You have great interpersonal skills and people feel like they can easily approach you.
A Natural-Born Leader
You take initiative in your own work and like to take charge and show ownership.
A Strong Communicator
You are a highly-skilled communicator with the ability to convey messages clearly and concisely.
You are focused and determined, regardless of any setbacks.
Parental Leave Program
Endy Products & Discounts
Flexible Vacation Policy
Health & Lifestyle Benefits
Monthly Team Events
Discover 01Chat with our People & Culture team about current opportunities at Endy and apply through our Careers website.
Talk 02Take part in a phone screening with the Coordinator, People & Culture and Hiring Manager
Showcase 03Complete a short assignment to showcase your skills (if applicable).
Meet 04Come into our office to meet with the Director, People & Culture and Hiring Manager, along with a few more members of our team.
Offer 05Receive a job offer to join the Endy Dream Team!